Marbles have long been considered a luxury for home decoration. The affair of marble and decoration dates back centuries. Marble decor has been long used by the elite class as a symbol of luxury and class.
Even today, marble remains one of the most popular and sought-after materials for interior decoration. But what makes this stone so special? And why do many people consider it such an elegant material? Let’s dig a little deeper and find out all about the precious metal and how marble decor can add that luxury touch to your home.
Benefits of Marble Decor
Marble is a luxury to have in any house. However, that’s not the only reason to add marble to your decoration. Listed below are some of the other benefits of having a marble decoration:
- Versatility - Marble can be used practically anywhere in the house and be given a completely different look just by changing the finish. It can be used as a wall covering, a tabletop, or even as a floor.
- Beauty - Marble can be stained, polished, or used in its natural state, which is already breathtakingly beautiful
- Durability - Marble is a very durable material. It is resistant to cracking, fading, and scratching and has a high resistance to weathering as well.
- Authenticity - Marble is an authentic material, as it has been mined and used as a building material for centuries.
- Eco-friendliness - Although marble is an expensive material, it is actually one of the most eco-friendly materials. It is made from calcium carbonate, which is a mineral that is harvested very slowly and naturally.
- Affordability - Although marble is one of the most expensive materials, it can be found in different price ranges, starting from less than $10 per square foot.
Different Types of Marble for Interior Decoration
When choosing the perfect marble for your home, first you need to decide what type of marble is best for your place. Having at least a basic knowledge of the different types of marble will help you make the right choice in getting the best marble decor.
You can roughly group the different types of marble by colour. There are, however, different types of marble in the same colour. So, even if you are choosing marble by colour, you need to be careful and make sure you are choosing the right type.
The following are some of the most common types of marble:
- Italian or Carrara marble - Italian marble is one of the most popular types of marble. It is usually white with gray or pink veins. This type of marble is often used as marble wall panels in luxury residential and commercial projects.
- Indian marble - Indian marble is a well-known type of marble. It is available in a variety of colours and finishes, including black, brown, blue, green, and white marble. You can easily find Indian marble tables and chairs.
- Turkish marble - Turkish marble is also a very admired type of marble decor. It is available in black, white, gray, and blue. You may come across several Turkish white marble coffee tables at restaurants and luxury homes
- Brazilian marble - Brazilian marble is another desired marble type. It is a deep blue marble with a black pattern.
- Mexican or Pueblo marble - Mexican or Pueblo marble is a type of marble that is usually beige, mottled pink, or white.
- Chinese marble - Chinese marble is usually gray or black with a white pattern.
Which are the Best Colours for Marble Decor?
When choosing the best colours for marble, remember that marble almost always comes in white. So, you need to choose the best colour for your white marble. Although white marble is a very commonly used material, choosing the right shade of white marble is actually not that easy.
There are three types of marble
- White Carrara marble - There are many variations of white marble, and all of them fit well with almost every colour.
- Beige Carrara marble - Beige is a very subtle and sophisticated shade. It is a great choice if you want an elegant and relaxed interior.
- Grey Carrara marble - Grey is a very versatile colour that can be used in a variety of styles. It is also a very popular choice for marble.
Additionally, here is a list of colours that go well with marble decor:
For Tan Marble
- Soft mocha brown
- Warm peach
- Soft gray
For Black and Gray Marble
- Light gray
- Soft taupe
- Antique white
- Pale yellow
For Dark Brown Marble
- Light gray
- Soft gray-green
- Yellow gold
- Wedgwood blue
For Green Marble
- White veins
- White or off-white accent colours
How to Incorporate Marble in Your Home
When incorporating marble decor into your home, be careful not to overdo it. It is best if you use it for decorative elements, such as furniture, or for small accents, such as coasters. When using marble in large areas like walls or floors, keep in mind that it will be very time-consuming to clean and maintain.
If you choose to use marble in your home, keep the following in mind:
- Marble needs special attention
- Make sure you hire a professional to install the marble. Also, take extra care when cleaning it.
- Marble is an expensive material, so make sure you choose wisely and use it in a way that makes it worth the investment.
- Marble needs special lighting - Make sure you use soft lighting bulbs when illuminating marble.
- Marble is a very durable material - Be careful when moving heavy objects on marble furniture, as they can cause damage to the surface.
This brings us to the end of our guide about marble decor and the ideal colours for it. Marble is one of the most beautiful and luxurious materials for home decoration. It is a very durable and eco-friendly material and is available in a variety of gorgeous colours and patterns. If you want to incorporate marble into your home, make sure you choose the right type and colour of marble, and that you use it in a way that gives your home the ideal luxurious look.
Stay tuned for home decor guides and more.